These “Feelers” brand Power Free Vinyl Gloves are a quality product manufactured under ISO9001, ISO13485 and ISO14001 environment. They are ideal for a host of applications including medical, industrial and domestic work. Being cheaper and more readily available than nitrile it may be worth trying instead.
They come in a box of 100 and are ambidextrous.
To save money buy case qtys please follow the links below, 2 options
Disposable examination gloves
- Clear Vinyl Examination Gloves
- Powder Free
- AQL1.5 pass
- EN455: 1-3 pass
- EN420 pass
- EN1186 pass
- Latex Free
- 100 per box
Why Wear Disposable Examination Gloves?
Wearing medical examination gloves is recommended for 2 main reasons.
Firstly to reduce the risk of contamination of healthcare workers with blood and other body fluids.
Secondly to reduce the risk of germ dissemination to the surrounding environment and from healthcare professional to healthcare professional.
However in the currently environment this advice can be stretched further. The use of disposable examination gloves by the general public can, if used properly, help to protect the wearer and reduce dissemination of germs. They are ideal in public places such as shops and public transport provided they are used correctly.
Hand Hygiene and Washing
The wearing of disposable examination gloves does not mean that hand hygiene can be taken any less seriously. It is recommended that the hands are washed and sanitised before donning the gloves and also after removing the gloves.
Disposable Examination Glove use and Reuse
Under no circumstances should the disposable examination gloves be reused. They are designed to be relatively cheap disposable items. Use once and then dispose of them correctly, please see below. Whilst they are ideal as a measure to help prevent the spread of germs and infection of the user, if they are reused (even if washed) their effectiveness is reduced. Single use and disposal is key.
Type of glove to use
it is usually recommended that if possible powder free gloves are used. Some powders used in powdered gloves can react with alcohol based hand rub.
Sterile gloves should be used for surgical procedures but for general examination and in current environments protection for use on public transport, none sterile gloves are ideal.
How to don and remove disposable examination gloves
Donning the glove.
- Wash and sanitise your hands.
- Remove the first medical examination glove from the original packaging.
- Only touch the glove at the cuff end.
- Pull the first glove onto your hand gently.
- Take a second glove from the original packaging used the un-gloved hand to remove it from the box.
- Touching only the cuff, swap the glove into the gloved hand and gently pull it onto the un-gloved hand.
- Hold the cuff of one glove with the fingers of the other gloved hand.
- Pull the glove off ensuring that it is turned inside out.
- Put the fingers of the ungloved hand down the sleeve of the other gloved hand.
- Push the glove off ensuring that it is turned inside out.
- Dispose of the disposable examination gloves immediately in a bin.
For more information please see the World Health Organisation website