A pack of 10 4ply Disposable Respirator Style Face Covers
These are a quality product, designed to cover the mouth and nose so as to minimise the cross infection from particulates that might be ejected during breathing and coughing. There ideal use is as a disposable face covering to be worn during food preparation, on public transport and whilst in social environments.
Ideal places to wear a disposable face cover are:-
- In healthcare environments such as during visits to the hospital or GP practice.
- Shopping Centres and shopping trips
- During one on one conversations with others even if the 1 meter social exclusion rule is in force.
- Wear a face cover during visits to the dentist.
- Ideally wear a disposable face cover on public transport or where other people are close by such as during visits to the supermarket.
- To help with infection control in daily living environments.
How to use a face cover.
Aspiration Life have included a handy photo reference of how to apply a Disposable Face Cover. However before putting the cover on you are advised to wash your face with soapy warm water and dry it gently. Also wash and dry your hands and apply hand sanitiser / alcogel to ensure your hands are clean.
The covers are manufactured from 4-ply, spun-bonded polypropylene, non-woven fabric with a metal nose piece to ensure a good fit. They are very light weight and comfortable and importantly the elasticated straps are comfortable and do not pull on the ears or cause any soreness.
The disposable face covers should only be worn once and then thrown away into a bin. When the cover becomes moist it is time to change it. Being relatively cheap it is best not to stretch the intervals of disposal as the effectiveness will reduce.
To fit the disposable face cover.
- First clean your hands and face as outlined above
- Remove the cover from its packet carefully and ensure there are no tears or holes.
- The top of the disposable face cover has a metal strip molded in. This is the top and shapes around your nose. Place this strip onto your nose.
- Hold the face cover on your nose with one hand and loop the ear loops over your ears. (one on each ear.)
- Mold the stiffer nose piece around your nose.
- Holding the top of the cover in place pull the bottom down gently to cover your mouth and chin.
To remove the disposable face cover.
- Hold both the ear loops and gently pull them off your ears.
- Place the disposable face cover into a bin being careful not to touch the blue outer side and preferably the white inner side either.
- Wash your hands with soapy warm water and use hand sanitiser.
Other day to day measures.
Whilst a disposable face covers helps protect you from cross contamination there are also other measures you can take in day to day life. At Aspiration Life we have put together a package of products to help.
Regular use of hand sanitiser is a great way to prevent the spread of bacteria and viruses however care must be taken to ensure that the hand sanitiser contains a 70% or higher alcohol level. Many alcogel sanitisers contain chemicals such as Aloe to protect the skin from damage.
We have also put together a range of cleaning substances such as Clinell Universal Spray that is effective in 10 seconds. It is a great spray to use to help keep your house or GP Practice surfaces disinfected. Other similar ranges include Sani-cloth 70% disposable disinfection wipes and Sanicloth AW universal wipes.
We also have stocks of vinyl powder free examination gloves to act as a barrier against cross contamination.